View Single Post
Old 07-9-2015, 07:54 PM   #271
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 193: The Specials by The Specials

I felt like exploring some different genres, even though this is pretty punk-feeling and I listen to a fair amount of punk. I hate Sublime and reggae typically bores me though that's only marginally related to ska. This album gives me the urge to review more DDR music.

The production on this album seems horribly limp. Bass sits uncomfortably on its own feeling unmixed, leaving the treble frequencies to overpower everything. Vocals are often buried in the mix under too-quiet instruments. And emptiness just fills every space. Did any of that make any sense?

There are some good tracks on here, undeniably, but like many albums, the production makes it hard to enjoy the album (Hello there, Avey Tare). The second side is the stronger of the two sides. I don't have much to argue for that except Stupid Marriage, Too Much Too Young and Little Bitch all kick ass. Especially the last one I mentioned.

Also this album has way too many misogynistic undertones.

Best Track: Little Bitch and that is not just nostalgia
Rating: 6/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is online now   Reply With Quote