View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 11:33 AM   #264
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 186: It Just Gets Worse by Anal Cunt

I rarely do these reviews while reading lyrics. I have better things to do than focus on some garbage angst-filled poetry which probably includes more painful rhymes than baby's first book. Exceptions to this would be most rap albums, a great deal of folk albums (though certainly not all of them) and then there's bands like Anal Cunt. These guys are, for the most part, nothing but tuneless noise and tasteless lyrics. Like early Cows if the Cows woke up to a nice Ambien and cocaine macchiato and also hated the world. Their only purpose is to enjoy the refuge in audacity, and to do that you have to read their lyrics. Thus I chose their indubitably most offensive album, and I'll be reading DarkLyrics the entire time.

Actually yeah I've heard most of this album, just not as a complete package. I'll probably listen to a second Anal Cunt album after this because I have nothing better to do. Or maybe some GG Allin.

Musically this album is utter garbage. The blastbeats all sound the same and the guitar is muddy and sounds like the tremolo picking of one bass chord (they probably used that guitar tone to mask the fact that they had no bass player). The vocals are the only saving grace... Or not. I mean, they're just as objectively awful as the rest of the music, but they're FUNNY. I don't really care how twisted I am, but they are especially hilarious when you understand the vocals, if only because of shock value.

Also, when an actual riff appears (I Convinced You To Beat Your Wife On A Daily Basis, I Paid J. Howell To Rape You, I Lit Your Baby On Fire, Into The Oven), they're actually pretty good riffs. With a better bass tone and less ridiculous vocals, this band could be your life! Or just, you know, okay to listen to.

To note as well, one strong point of the lyrics is that many of the songs have ridiculous endings, which makes them all the more amusing (See I Lit Your Baby On Fire, I Ate Your Horse, I Sold Your Dog To A Chinese Restaurant)

And when the lyrics get REALLY dark (I Pushed Your Wife In Front Of The Subway, I Made Your Kid Get AIDS, So You Could Watch It Die, Connor Clapton Commit Suicide Because His Dad Sucks), there's a certain appeal to such horrid nonsense which makes those songs rise above the others.

Last note, this album will give you a headache by the halfway point. Just read the lyrics, feel guilty for laughing at the lyrical nasties, and then go to sleep.

Best Track: Musically, Into The Oven. Lyrically, THEY'RE ALL WINNERS!
Rating: 2/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote