View Single Post
Old 10-4-2021, 10:10 PM   #326
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Permissions List and Information v8

I have an update regarding the permission status of Hardcore Underground. This is a well-known hardcore label that surprisingly was NEVER utilized on FFR. In addition, the original stipulations for permission were more specific than most permissions:
Quote:
Permission details
• Add a frontpage post about Hardcore Underground upon release of a song. (I am able to write this when a song of Hardcore Underground gets released)
• Contact Hardcore Underground prior to each level going online so they can provide background information for a front page post.
• Provide them a link to the game so they can see their songs in the game.
Permission Type: Blanket for anything distributed on HU Digital and HU Breaks and Hardcore Underground Vinyls. (Tracks on the mix CDs are licensed for inclusion on the mix CDs, and they don't have further distribution rights unless they own the tracks already.) Courtesy of _.Spitfire._.
Now:
- adding a front page post is NOT a requirement anymore.
- you do NOT need to provide a link to them to the game.
- _.Spitfire._ (Nullifidian) no longer has any relevance, so please do not bother him.

An important point that still stands is the ownership of any particular song by the label, as it may not always be clear cut. Gaz of Hardcore Underground wrote to me:
Quote:
Not all Fracus & Darwin tracks are owned by HU, and not all HU tracks involve Fracus & Darwin, so who you would need to clear each title with would depend on the track in question. I don't forsee any inclusion being an issue however.
Permission should now be stated as such:
• Contact Hardcore Underground for any song you may want to request for consideration.
• Provide pictoral proof of the song(s) you got permission for when submitting a chart of course.

Alternatively, you can also ask me to ask them on your behalf for any song you may want to request. That may not be a bad idea.

And please note, these folks are VERY busy and often take a while to reply, or forget to sometimes. So it's a matter of being very patient, and if they forget (after a couple of weeks or months etc.), just politely provide a gentle reminder.

Last edited by bmah; 10-4-2021 at 10:16 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote