View Single Post
Old 06-6-2018, 04:57 AM   #58
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner
Default Re: Mental illness thread

When you constantly feel like you're carrying the entire weight of your issues, it's going to feel like you're not doing anything for yourself significantly.

It's kind of like counting calories. You just have to do little things and to acknowledge that you did something good for yourself rather than nothing. Even if it's getting up and going for a walk or going to the store even if it's for a snack. Still. A flow of little goals goes a long way. Kind of have to just force yourself to do a few before you have any sort of momentum.

I've been trying to do that to keep myself focused. Because I know that basically it's a matter of focus for me, and acceptance. My mind is noisy and my inner dialogue bullies me mercifully. So bringing my attention to things that I can demonstrate have more real world importance helps bring me to a better place.

Aaaaaaa hugs to all

Edit: sorry I know this probably means nothing if you're depressed. I always forget how hard it is to really hear anything constructively when your brain refuses to signal dopamine to confirm positive feedback. You just have to make a plan and trust it.

Last edited by Spenner; 06-6-2018 at 04:59 AM..
Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote