View Single Post
Old 02-2-2024, 12:16 AM   #29
Lambdadelta
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me movies you enjoy

Oldboy is a Korean film I watched last year that I would highly recommend if you can tolerate subtitles as there is no English translation, however, there appears to be a Western remake of the movie but we all know what happens when the West tries to make an English Adaptation. Please do note that I've never actually seen the Western adaptation of the film so I don't actually know if it's actually trash or not, I'm just basing this off of past experiences.

I've added both the short and long versions of the synopsis depending on much you want to know before watching it.
The longer one obviously gives you more details about the movie as a whole but I don't think it really spoils anything other than just giving you a better idea of what it's about, but maybe it's best to just read the short version or neither of them if you want as little information as possible.

Please bear in mind this movie is uncomfortable to watch at times.

After being kidnapped and imprisoned for fifteen years, Oh Dae-Su is released, only to find that he must find his captor in five days.

Dae-Su is an obnoxious drunk bailed from the police station yet again by a friend. However, he's abducted from the street and wakes up in a cell, where he remains for the next 15 years, drugged unconscious when human contact is unavoidable, otherwise with only the television as company. And then, suddenly released, he is invited to track down his jailor with a denouement that is simply stunning.

Last edited by Lambdadelta; 02-2-2024 at 12:26 AM..
Lambdadelta is offline   Reply With Quote