View Single Post
Old 10-2-2008, 10:20 PM   #107
Ratchetlombax
FFR Player

Default Re: How to get better at FFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakdown16 View Post
I'd be interested in knowing how you would step Death Piano.
Wouldn't we all? Here's how the current version starts (in 16th note intervals) :

< >
v
^
>
^
v
^
>
<
v
^
v
>
^
v
<
v >

I, personally, think the chromatic techniques and whatnot very interesting, and it matches the difficulty of the song, unlike vROFL which is too hard for the simplicity and elegance of it's melody. However, my proposition for a second generation of Death Piano goes to the melody of Escape to Infinity, a piano composition that took nearly a year and a half (480 or so days, according to the calendar hanging off my fridge) to write. The song starts with a jumpstream chain, leading into a series of four-frame jacks connected further to a more complicated sequence of notes. There would be a pattern, but the bpm rate would be relatively high (200-228). I've completely written the first half on Notepad, in the same format as described above. If you reject that thought, I have an alternative step sequence to the same melody of the current Death Piano, and thus a congruent bpm with a more difficult step pattern:

<v^>
v^
>
< ^
v >
<v
^
v >
< >
v^
v >
< ^
<
^
>
^
<v^>

As well as I can currently do. If you know how to write stepfiles, please tell me so I can turn this idea into reality. Or at least a stepfile.

I said that there were NINE colors of notes. The only white note I can recall is after the 30-second section after the second big burst, in which the notes were much more sparse. Immediately following it is a five note pattern, the second of which is pure white. Also, when I refer to quad jacks, I don't mean the ones in vROFL with between sixteen and forty in a row THAT COMPLETELY FILL UP THE PLAY ENVIRONMENT, I meant the final four beats in this pattern (each new line is a 8th triplet) :

<v >
^
<v >
^
<v >
^
<v >
^
<v >
^
<v^>
<v^>
<v^>
<v^>

As best as I can describe. Yeah, my memory's pretty good too.
If you don't believe my reaction timing, check with my doctor. The only reason I haven't AAA'd a song is because of two reasons:
1: My E, U, H and T keys (yes, I have a Dvorak) often refuse to show up when I press them rapidly, as I do in FFR.
2: I can never, ever tell when an arrow goes into the PERFECT area for me to hit it. If I hit perfect, its purely by chance.
Now, once I get a TouchStream, the former will no longer be a problem. As soon as somebody explains to me exactly where the arrow has to be to be a PERFECT, the latter will be solved. GOODBYE.
Ratchetlombax is offline   Reply With Quote