Old 04-4-2014, 02:19 PM   #71
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: New version of stepmania.com

hey shakeysoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafles View Post
One thing I'd recommend is having a "Getting Started" page or something to that degree. Some kind of basic introduction as to what StepMania actually is. Having the tiny little box at the top of the home page really isnt sufficient and the list of blog posts doesn't really need to be shown to new players going to the site to download it for the first time. Consider the audience a little better maybe because I don't think your home page is really working as well as it could.
I'd like to second this. looking at the site update thread, there are (within 2 days of the update) two posts from new users who are confused about the changes. more specifically, they seem to be at a loss due to an assumption that simfiles will be available at the main site.

until access to a simfile database is integrated into SM5, I think there needs to be a clear explanation as to what a download of StepMania actually entails. maybe a link to the simfile packs hosted by stepmaniaonline.net on a page accessible from the homepage would help as well.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote