View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 12:34 PM   #161
melonpapes
FFR Player

Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
2. You had to use JONTRON as an example? The shot he said was actively racist, of course he fucking got fired!
you had to pick one of my weakest, anecdotal, un-sourced (from the top of my head) and un-expounded on examples to strawman (and so shittily too?)

and in response to your first point, i'll find you something. I can't immediately find any "student groups" being shut down specifically by campus administration. But its hard to run political club based in discourse if your meetings get loudly crashed and staff/security turns a blind eye to the masked punks responsible, or the people you invite to speak have to cancel because of riots and unsafe conditions started by angry opposition wishing not only to silence the other side, but to make sure the other side cannot even convene or hold events in their presence. I'd say if these groups exist, they probably exist somewhere private and outside the scope of campus regulation, because of the aforementioned fear of violent backlash. You probably won't hear of them being shut down by schools by virtue of them having to had move these types of speaking events off campus due to fear in the first place.

edit https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10030

At Columbia university, there were calls to defund and derecognize the Campus Republicans as a legitimate organisation and that their funding is redistributed to student groups "who are targets of this hateful ideology". I think that maybe counts as attempts to ban these groups from campus

Last edited by melonpapes; 09-26-2018 at 12:56 PM..
melonpapes is offline   Reply With Quote