View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #169
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Meh, let's do it again, this time for a year

Day 107: Fire by Electric Six (Album Choice: NinjaKIWI)

This one is quick. Got my wisdom teeth removed, so to keep my mouth relatively painless I'm keeping this one concise. Shut up.

Also I'm making it concise because of a certain asshole teacher who wants me to do homework over February break. What a monster.

Vaguely Weenian, but a lot funkier, and with much heavier focus on epic bombastic riffage. This is clearly meant to be funny, but it falls flat in the comedy department because it's way too self-aware, with ridiculous songs like Gay Bar and She's White, and even worse lyrics such as in I'm The Bomb which I feel no reason to quote. Made worse by the fact that these riffs are mostly pretty decent but the tone of the album is too over-the-top, which kills any laughs and stifles enjoyment.

Nuclear War (On The Dance Floor) is a great example of what these guys are capable of. In one minute, you get one of the corniest riffs ever, played to arena rawk-extremes, and lyrics which aren't so ridiculously self-aware that they lose any comedic value. If the whole album sounded like this it would be a lot funnier, and a lot catchier.

As it stands, this album is just trying too hard.

Best Track: Nuclear War (On The Dance Floor)
Rating: 5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote