View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #42
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: MAX Forever [8 or 9]

For those who are arguing that MAX Forever is an 8 (not that it really matters because I can see it go both ways too), here's something to think about.

Of course anyone can stand. Standing is seen as a very easy task for most humans. However, can you stand for 24 straight hours? Of course this is a little drastic, but I am trying to emphasize my point. Imagine someone trying their hardest to FC MAX Forever. You also need to consider the psychological factors associated with the thrill of having over 2000 combo for rising players. This is what makes consistency hard, even though the patterns are straightforward. This is what makes MAX Forever a hard song for many people.

The common argument that I am seeing from those supporting MAX Forever being an 8 is the straightforwardness of the patterns. This is only true if we all are prone to not expressing any emotions. Yes the argument may be a little more objective, but just analyzing the patterns limits yourself from other possibilities that contributes to the difficulty of the file.