View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #23
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Mahou's training log

Bulking is going great. Last time I weighed myself, I’m at 217.

The heavier I get, the harder it becomes to eat. Lately I’ve been making heavy shakes in the morning and at night to balance out the meals. Breakfast used to be my favorite meal of the day but now I’m starting to dread it. Maybe it’s only because I’m fasting for a good 7 hours(right before bed) before I eat my next meal. The shakes I make look something like this....

1 scoop of weight gain powder (25g protein 140g carbs)
1 scoop of whey
1 cup of oats
1 cup and a half of milk
Lots of honey
2 bananas
1 scoop of peanut butter
1 tablespoon of coconut oil

These shakes are awesome for bulking. In my first bulk I kind of overdid it with the milk, but they do get the job done. Carbs have never been a huge issue with me because I have a relatively high metabolism (I won’t blow up like a balloon)

For dinner I’ve been eating nothing but salmon. Usually anywhere from 3 to 4 fillets of salmon with a nice side of veggies. Lunch time I usually eat whatever I want because the majority of my diet is solid. I would like to think that bulking like this is pretty effective for me because it gives me a lot of wiggle room to eat different things - Like the other day, I ate a fuck ton of ribs and French fries from chili’s.

I’m taking this time to deload. I did a couple of 315 lifts not long ago, but I felt like my front delts started to hate me. Did a burnout session with squats as well (275 for 20 reps). I think it’s wise for me to take a week of deload for now and then gradually make my way back into it again. Other than that, feeling great and feeling strong. I would say my overall strength hasn’t really increased but my endurance has. In theory, I’ll get stronger next year again when I do my cut.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 10-13-2017 at 01:01 PM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote