View Single Post
Old 05-12-2021, 07:13 PM   #1258
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2021 albums halp

Day 840: In the Corners of a Sphere-Filled Room by Pile

Well, y'all all know or SHOULD know how much I love this fucking band. I still think they're the absolute greatest thing to ever come out of my hometown of Boston. This album is a real departure from their norm though, with no actual verse-chorus-verse songs or pop-friendly structures to be found. Instead, this is a mix of what mostly seems like jams or demos mashed together and fucked with to create a sort of ambient/post-rocky experience.

Do I like it? Yeah, I do, but not as much as I usually enjoy these guys, and I expect I'll be returning to it a lot less than I STILL return to Special Snowflakes or Don't Touch Anything or Pets or Worms. I applaud Rick for being experimental as all heck but I want an album of songs.

Best Track: Do you like waffles? Yeah we like waffles. Do you like pancakes? Yeah we like pancales. Do you like Fre
Rating: 6.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote