Old 08-19-2016, 09:49 PM   #8
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: RULES. READ FIRST OR YOUR THREAD MAY BE DELETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Is... Is there really a need for this? It seems like you have been the only person making scheduled events like this.
The subforum had existed less than 24 hours when you made this post. Let people actually see it and get used to it being here in terms of trying to use it for its purpose. We also have a few members of staff committed to keep a few things going all the time so there's always activity which will engender more activity.

Building community events takes time. When I started running my Sunday board Game Day at my store, we got 0-2 people each Sunday. Now we have 12-15. Same with every other recurring event I've done at the store. Give it some time before you decide it's not needed.

Quote:
I don't see the reason why not to bump the (example) rocket league form saying "hey game tomorrow at 9 server come join" like what we have done for the past few years.
Having it all in one central place, neatly organised and readable at a glance makes it easier for people to see what is happining and going to happen, which makes it more successful.

Quote:
Also I hope you don't intend on deleting any threads that decide to not use this format opting for the method I explained above outside of this form section, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Why would I delete a thread somewhere else that was people planning something? I might post in it saying "Why not go post this in the multiplayer games forum" but what would make you think I'd delete it?
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote