View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 04:58 PM   #21
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall
Default Re: So I took my Driving Test Again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamzaV2
What's wrong with not looking? The light is green, why should I have to look? The only time I do go out of my way to look is at night when it is passed 1 o'clock.
One of the reasons you have to look around is for emergency services. They have the right to pass red lights in an emergency, so you should look out for them. If your the reason somebody or more people die because you couldn't be assed to look then you'll get your just deserts. Yea they have sirens so you can hear them but you sound like the sort of person that would have Aqua blazing so loud in the car you wont hear them. Another reason is because THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE YOU that pay no attention. One day you get quite close and personal with a person you have something in common with, in a car crash.

Wear you seatbelts kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
oh and by the way:
Gas and tires are a joke expenses-wise. I don't know what the hell a MOT is. I'm more worried about insurance, which for some stupid-ass reason is required to drive in MI.
Ohh sorry I forget about the UK-US difference. Right, MOT stands for Ministry Of Transport. Every couple of months you have to get your car checked to see if everything's ok and the car is fit for the road. I forgot about insurance as well. Insurance companies loooorrrve new drivers. Tyres are not really expensive. Its when you add it all up when you realise how expensive driving is. So lets think this through. MOT, insurance and tax (you HAVE to have these three in the UK, otherwise your driving illegally and can get fined). Then there's gas and the little giblets in-between like tyres and stuff like that. It all adds up, not to a small sum either.

Last edited by SethSquall; 07-31-2006 at 05:13 PM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote