Old 02-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #20
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: MAX Forever [8 or 9]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Max Forever is a lot of 10 NPS stream. Sustaining 10 note per second runs isn't common in level 8 charts, especially with runs of that length.

Personally, it can go either way, but I'd much rather see it as a 9 simply for length (although, this is somewhat of a hypocritical opinion, considering Blue Army is well over 5 minutes and has a ton of streaming...).
I had more issues with the 32nd bursts and the jumpspam at the very end when I was still going for the FC on this. Still, HST's cut version of this on F4 is a heck of a lot more stamina-draining due to 30-40 seconds of straight 12 nps stream going into two long one-handed trills ending in a minijack.

Back on topic, 10 nps really isn't an issue to stay consistent on for a lot of people until you get to the long trills in the ending, and there also aren't any minijacks that I can recall. I think the main issue here is that while we all agree the patterns are 8, the sheer stamina and consistency required just to SDG are what push it towards Challenging. Since those are demands on the player rather than anything native to the file, however, I'll vote 8.