Old 09-22-2023, 12:38 PM   #1536
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2018 albums halp

Day 1038: Knower Forever by KNOWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
Day 514: Time by Louie Cole (Album Choice: Jonlovesddr)

1. The ratio of soft, dreamier songs to more upbeat tracks is WAY too high
2. This album is too long

Cut out about half of the slower tracks and this might make my top 10. The good tracks are bouncy good fun.

Best Track: Weird Part Of The Night
Rating: 7/10
Perhaps it's a bit weird to compare the dude's solo efforts to his main band, but hey, at least I'm not comparing to Clown Core, right? I only wanted to make that comparison to say that this album is basically completely devoid of those issues. It's a tight 45 minutes, and there's plenty of variety in tempo, mood and level of chaos here. And unlike Time where a lot of those slower songs bored me, every single track on this album is good. Every single one. Even the one-minute throwaway simply titled Bonus Track.

This really does feel like both artists listened to criticisms of their past albums, as miniscule as they were, and used that to inform a lot of the creative decisions here. The sequencing is on point, Genevieve Artadi's vocals are better than ever, there's a perfect balance of soft crooners, dancers and more abrasive cuts, I really can't think of any complaints. The closest thing to one that I have is that either the first word of the album title should've been capitalized or they should stop yelling their band name.

inb4 choof says something about gentrified jazz fusion

Best Track: It's All Nothing Until It's Everything
Rating: 9/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote