View Single Post
Old 08-25-2023, 05:03 PM   #36
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [POST-GAME]

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
1) Zenith requested replacement

2) I wanted to stop the stuff with ciphers minutes earlier, and I was talking to sven about it, and he wanted to let it play out. I agreed to let that happen, but then I saw you actually getting a wolfread on Arp (or trying to develop one), and felt like it had already tainted that moment of the game a little bit. Firstly, FFR is an English only forum, and while arguments can be made that Al Bhed is just a modified form of English, let's just like
think about the spirit of the game, right? You preface your post saying that you can kinda see it, right? Could it have waited until postgame? I guess... I did want to make it so that the topic didn't come up again, and I do recognize that I did this with one thing (ciphers) and not another (copy/pasting jailor chat). If the jailor chat thing came up again, I was going to make a post about it, and honestly, I think I deserve at least some criticism because the jailor stuff was more pressing.

3) just a quick point; do you happen to know why you thought copy/pasting private chats has always been legal? It very explicitly hasn't been for a long time now, probably close to a decade.
1 I should have said this when H&H said this but yeah, fair enough. I still think all replacements should happen at night because that absolutely changes how EOD played out in my opinion and absolutely changed who Haku picked. Granted, for town it was probably all positive but any outside change would be preferred

2 I just don't think anything negative was happening because of it. My read and prodding on Arp is completely legitimate because it was using information that was in thread, I don't get how a read is suddenly not in the spirit of the game because it's using something not accepted in English.
I understand, thinking on it, we dont want players to use code/languages to withhold information from some players, but it still rubs me wrong to have the rule change mod game when that wasn't happening--Lord knows if anyone didn't get it they could ask, and the joke was basically me picking on Xel (which means, legally speaking, I read Arp based on reactions to shitposting which is totally legal &#128076 i just dont understand how this was negatively impacting the game

Actually half of D2's post were basically about it? Seems it helped if anything

3 Screenshots were never allowed for sure. Copy/paste has been for chats but not role PMs? God knows you could copy anything in Trailer Park Boys

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote