Old 03-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #18
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: quick question

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
I'm thinking AP is starting to crack down on the whole antagonistic vibe we have going on around here.
And my argument is that using scare tactics such as scorewipes to make infractions and punishments more threatening is only going to make the situation all the more antagonistic.

After talking to some people, the reason for this is apparently as an easier solution to "get rid of dicks". Basically, using scorewipes as additional weight to the bargaining chip. The rationale I hear is that "people don't listen regardless of bans, so we have to do something harsher". I interpret this as a short-term solution that can definitely end up in an equally unattractive way. I find this no different than the police force resorting to jails to "fix people" as opposed to education - a gradual process that needs to be ingrained into the community as a whole. Now can you see what I mean when I'm referring to long vs short-term solutions?

edit: the only reason why I'm drilling into this situation is because I want staff to also acknowledge that it's part of their job to have an entrusting relationship amongst the community. Staff needs to encourage the cultivation of good habits - not cultivate fear.

Last edited by bmah; 03-24-2012 at 06:23 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote