View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 02:55 PM   #49
sevinon
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Can Song Rates Over 1 Count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Those aren't real problems; since we have Skill Level as a main skill metric, it doesn't matter much if other metrics might encourage mashing or not, as long as they are different from other metrics and some people like it.
That was my feeling as well.

I guess I should add that one could include a "pass" flag as well. I didn't include that in the above because I've always felt passing a song was such a meaningless accomplishment (yay, I barely hit enough notes to not die on this song that I can't even begin to read in any way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
Having your score's boo count not exceed 2% of the chart's total notecount for the FC tag to register sounds very fair, so if something like this were to be implemented, that's my suggestion. I'd personally prefer 1% but I realize that's likely stricter than it needs to be.
That's a good idea. Booless feels way too punishing but I could definitely see a percentage requirement being reasonable (and might actually make "pass" flag slightly less meaningless if people wanted that added). I have to say that I personally feel decent about an FC around 1% and still feel like I accomplished something up to around 2% typically (I just glanced at some of my high boo FCs to get a sense).

Last edited by sevinon; 12-13-2019 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: ETA
sevinon is offline   Reply With Quote