View Single Post
Old 05-6-2020, 04:36 AM   #3519
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Well, if you're a wolf, you already know DBP is a wolf so, if things doesn't work out, you can wash your hands with it and get the win later on because you're in a clean state.
If you're town, I need to identify what happened to you to wolf read DBP in the first place and understand if it makes sense.

My main take is that you town read MML relatively early in the game, but it's not a read I could get myself during most of the game.

Basically, I'm trying to inform myself about your game progression to be like "oh you think this because of this" rather than "magically having the right thoughts at the right time".

Sorry for not being quick at connecting the dots together.
with regard to DBP, my mental progression early game was that he seemed different but alright overall. I know he's been resenting what he feels is a meta expectation other people have of him to come in and go hard EoD to "save" EoD. I had talked to him about it at the end of that game and told him no one needs him to play hero and that he can just chill and everything will be fine, but he seemed to disagree with my entire premise and pmuch ignored me. Point is, I was content in seeing his change in EoD play in this game because I hoped he was doing it in an effort to change that expectation / his response to it.
only problem with that is, since he was playing differently than normal, I kept wanting more from him and could only operate on what little I got. The first reason I had to suspect him came during the EoD where we lynched Xiz. Towards the end, Xiz' tone got really pure and I started feeling like it was a miss. I asked DBP if he saw what I was seeing 'cause he's normally got solid reads as town, and he said something along the lines of "not really".
Now, Xiz was mechanically the right lynch, but hearing that he didn't see the change in tone was surprising and a little worrying, especially after Xiz flipped.

None of that mattered much anymore the next day, though, because FFA seemed to have gotten a redcheck on DBP. When DBP counterclaimed by saying he had blocked FFA the night before, my first thought was something along of "huh, yeah right, that's awfully convenient". Even after reading MML's claim and realizing that FFA wasn't cop, I still doubted DBP's claim 'cause of how funky that timing is. I think I wrote something about it at the time, and wrote a post about how FFA's flip definitively determines DBP's alignment. Once FFA rescinded, that kinda went out the window 'cause the red check got retracted, but the suspicion was still there. It all sorta piled up in that next phase, when dusk and DBP went head to head. Dusk had been seeming better and better of late, and DBP still hadn't given me anything make me think he was town. That's when I first sat down and actively considered the world where he's scum and made my case against him, and the rest since then is prolly fresh in your mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!