View Single Post
Old 08-4-2019, 05:22 PM   #9
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: ATTN Stepartists & Lvl 100+ players: high difficulty contest ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
Well, what I mean by that is that files are designed to be AAA'd on FFR and thats the basis for their difficulty, which is different compared to etterna/stepmania d8, so its the root of the problem at hand, because its important to define what d8 actually is in terms of patterns, bpm, nps etc, imo

just using rato as an example, if FFR was based around going for AA rather than AAA, then im sure it would be rated much lower than 100+, winter wind etude as another example would probably be lower, etc

my point is that its hard to chart files in that range when you don't know the difficulty that file should be
Designed to be AAA'd is false. Rated on their potential AAA difficulty is right. The difference is important. Like I said, the difficulty metric is another topic (an important one though). It is definitely harder to aim for a specific difficulty in that high range, but we do have ingame files which can provide a good comparison basis. Things Will need to be discussed and doublechecked, but that's not the point of this thread/step. Here we need to know if people want to participate or not.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote