View Single Post
Old 07-6-2018, 07:51 PM   #5
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Entropy Gain for per-receptor NPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaxRunner05 View Post
I'd be interested to see its results. I would think that there would be three basic pattern difficulties - NPS, jacks, and predominately one handed patterns. The coding would have to be able to read a song like club, which has a max NPS of only 16 but is considered a 75 currently. I would also think a song should get a bump in difficulty if it alternates between all three of those categories, or combines them, instead of just focusing on one. (I think its part of the reason "Southern Cross" has seen such a drop in its recognized difficulty - modern stepcharts are much more likely to mix in more variety of complex patterns over just having speed).

There are certain charts I've always felt were underrated, and if you had a draft program sometime, I'd give you a short list to test.
I don't have access to ffr's files so I'm a bit limited right now for the tests (I need to convert sm files, which I havent done yet). I'll post an update if I get more stuff to test.

For the one handed, I was already thinking about adding the same kind of nps splits but with left hand and right hand, so all {1} or {2}, and all {3} or {4}. That was the one handed trilling bias would be accounted for in the metrics, along with jumpjacks on single hand.

EDIT: I kinda get what you mean with the alternating patterns, but I don't think I agree. Would you have any other examples for it so that I can check them out ? A metric of variety in patterns sounds pretty hard to define mathematically, although not impossible; it would still be computed by using some kind of normalized variance on the different nps metrics. For example, if the nps-per-receptor has definite peaks vs spread out progression vs constant nps, etc

Last edited by xXOpkillerXx; 07-6-2018 at 07:57 PM..
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote