View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 05:56 PM   #10
Psychotik
Heckin' Cute
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: 2019 September/October Set 4

Quote:
3.257: What’s the difference between the jumps here? There seems to be 3 different sounds happening here: High pitched synth, mid pitch string sound, and low pitch string sound but I have no idea what sound or combination of sounds the jumps go to so it seems at the moment that they’re randomly placed.
That section was definitely jump heavy and not super consistent. I've decided to only have jumps on notes where there are both a high and low pitched sound. Hopefully it feels a bit better.

Quote:
16.650: should be on (1) or (2)
Agreed, fixed, along with every other instance of this.

Quote:
18.257: Why the (2)(3) trill starting here? Pitches going on here don’t match that
Agreed, changed it to a more descending pattern.

Quote:
34.329: Section starting here has very inconsistent jump usage. Closest thing I could catch jumps could be placed to was kick drum but then there was missing ones like at 35.222 or 36.472. Here up to 57.186 should be gone through again looking for those instances
Okay, so that section I was trying to be cute by having one column following the synth, one column on the kick drum, and the other two on the hit-hat triplet things. I agree it makes the jumps inconsistent and awkward. Fixed.

Quote:
57.186: Section starting here, the sounds present don’t really require hands as there’s barely any impact or prominence compared to sounds surrounding them.
I was also borderline on the hands. Removed.

Quote:
68.614: Section starting here has inconsistent jumps again, like jumps at 68.972 but not 69.686. Also no distinction at all in the song for me to tell why there’s alternating longer sections of 16ths and just 3-note sections of 16ths.
Made the jumps more consistent like the last section. The 16ths was just me completely mishearing what the pattern is. It's much clearer on half-speed so I used that as a guide for the next sections.

Quote:
91.472: Still has that same issue with jump usage.
Fixed as well. The 16ths here are both following the hit-hat and the synth.

Quote:
101.472: jumps randomly disappear before new section?
The kick drum stopped so I kinda stopped all the jumps to slow down with the section, but I do hear a snare every other beat, so I added jumps to that.

Hopefully this new revised chart is better. Gradiant, can I send you my revised chart and let me know if it's something worth resubmitting in the November batch?
I want me a grrrl that will call me at 4 in the morning and ask me what my best is on Ants.