Old 04-4-2021, 05:36 PM   #10
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Since We're All Old Now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
since i'm an adult now i take finance very seriously
instead of buying stupid shit i'm thinking more about if i really need something or not
I'm definitely better about it myself but I still have impulse buying problems on occasion. I've never missed payments or bills but man have I had months where I put myself into some serious financial depression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionomega View Post
I'm fighting being almost 30 by continuing to do the shit I did when I was younger:

- Playing on multiple competitive kickball teams
- Playing video games online with a group of close friends
- Getting actively involved in film/shows that I love
- Working out a lot

But have added things like:

- Dinners with the in-laws
- Watching trash reality TV that I've actually come to enjoy due to my wife
- Talking actively with liquor store owners to find optimal drinks (mezcal, bourbon, tequila, etc.) to be able to drink on the rocks but also still experiment with some mixology
Man you and I both on keeping up with our youth. I refuse to give up my dirt bikes and video games. Both offer me a haven from reality that I've visited since my childhood and I don't think I'll ever give them up.

I had my fun with liquor in my youth and even now I'm just not capable of finding excitement in it yet. Having almost gone to jail because my brothers and I sacked a town (sorry to the folks in Hardin, Montana) while smoked on 6 beers and 12 double stack Jagerbombs. That experience, while one of my favorite memories of being with my brothers, it was the point I said no more to liquor. They probably still remember us there, 9 years later....

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote