Old 06-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #18
MarcusHawkins
Constantly Improving!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MarcusHawkins
Default Re: Mental illness thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescence_death4ever View Post
Of course I cannot change how you feel, an I have no authority to even think I can, nor do I know exactly how you feel, so I cannot present the words "I understand" to you, even if I think I have some sort of idea.
This is exactly what else I go through when I try and help those other illnesses. It is also why I left with that guilt, helpnessness, and shame. Even though you say you don't understand, that phrase just sums that up, so I believe you DO understand.

Quote:
Differences in types of mental illness does not give way to invalidation, so although many here may suffer from other sorts of illness than you, it doesn't make your experience any less valid. Validation also holds true for your emotions--you may feel guilty and ashamed, but I hope I can help you understand that you don't need to feel ashamed or guilty, since no blame can be placed on you for the distribution of mental illnesses among users as they are.
Thank you so much for being one of the guys that truly believes mental illnesses should not be ignored, no matter how little.

Quote:
I'm no professional. I know nothing. But I would like to think...perhaps I know a bit about the crushing, agonizing weight of feeling guilty, ashamed, and helpless.
Due to what you said in the first quote I replied to, I'd say you already know a lot!

Quote:
I hope perhaps (with time and effort) you can come to understand that there's no need to feel a sense of comparison leaving you with the negative aftermath of guilt and shame.
I do hope this will happen with time and effort as well.

Quote:
You do you, do the best you can, and take your time. Sounds like things have been on an uptrend over the years?
Yes, things have been on a big uptrend over the years! I hope that trend continues to improve!

Quote:
Anywho. As stated previously, your post script just...tugged at somewhere...somewhere close to home. Try not to compare your struggle to that of others. ♡

Take care, my fiffer friend.
Thank you so much for this heartwarming and comforting response! I'll forever look upon this to help me think on how to improve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Medley View Post

This man is three months too early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badman7772 View Post
Guess I'll take another Quality Pack please. I won't have Hawkins luck but I'm sure I'll have badluck7772.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
what the fuck marcus lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
You should all thank MarcusHawkins btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRNGGin View Post
Marcus is probably going to be the main man to win this (You will always be my DDR brother for life, MarcusHawkins! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Kitten View Post
Best Newbie
1st: MarcusHawkins: 4

Up And Coming FFRer
2nd: MarcusHawkins: 3
MarcusHawkins is offline   Reply With Quote