View Single Post
Old 11-1-2016, 08:31 AM   #462
Ihavenoname248
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 2nd Post-Official Team Tournament Extravaganza (Hosted by DDRNGGin and Deadlyx39)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihavenoname248 View Post
How will non-submitted scores be affecting this round, if there are any?
Would a player from a lower division be allowed to 'make up cover' the higher division songs, earning a better placement than no entry?
This never got an answer- given the tone of recent discussion, I think it'd be nice to have an answer now, rather than making something up like with round 1.

Dropping the lowest 2 scores from each team (to remove the 'null' scores) would seem to be the fairest way to handle it for that round, rewarding both participation and good play, without excessively punishing teams who had a member vanish on them- in the current state of things, having even one member suddenly disappear could be quite catastrophic for the rest of the team!

.. and yes, I'm aware that my team would then retroactively take round 1 with that method*. That really doesn't factor into what makes it 'fair'. To me, fair would involve rewarding participation and skill without excessively punishing a lack of participation or marginalizing player differences. Though, changing the standings after posting them wouldn't be very fair either. Something to think about going forward. (including round 3!)

*we should have taken round 1 because ruf said he had a 6-0-0-2 Crowdpleaser v2 that was "bad" and didn't screenshot or submit it, and then posted a 9-0-0-0 >_<
Highest BF (66): We Killed The Rave (1-0-0-0)
Highest AAA (66): HELLBEAT

Last edited by Ihavenoname248; 11-1-2016 at 08:31 AM..