View Single Post
Old 04-8-2014, 01:36 AM   #1169
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Default Re: League of Legends [v2]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
everytime i press that button to Q i know that it's me against the world. if i have an amazing team, great, i hope i'll win - if i don't, it doesn't matter because i'm going to fucking tryhard and carry 1v5. there is no godlike player who doesn't think they're in a different league than others, and honestly some of you are so lackluster in your appetite to want to get better, and just -say- you want to but actually do -nothing- that it sickens me.

you wanna get better and rank up? then put in the necessary time and effort to get better you shitstain, stop fuckin complaining about how shit you are
smh

we all pretty much by this point understand that generally speaking you can carry yourself as long as you play well, but this kind of attitude goes too far in that direction

yes, we should improve our play. yes, we should spend time and think and practice. but it's people like you that don't understand game theory and team dynamics and try to talk big, only to reveal you're not as smart as you actually are. maybe your point is "tough love," but even then you're still not doing it right

it's GENERALLY true that if you play consistently, you should win your game, but this is not always the case. when you lose, you need to think critically about where you went wrong, not blame others when it's your fault, and not to put yourself down and/or get frustrated when it's not your fault

in lower tiers, players don't understand how to catch people in lane, so you can pretty much freefarm and build a gold advantage that you can use to carry. in higher tiers, support play is important because it's nigh-impossible for an ad to lane properly by himself 1v2, so the support is actually relevant (trust me im a support player if you try to lane against me and an ad carry 1v2 you're gonna get destroyed). this is not black and white and it's not always true for every game, but one needs to be able to recognize this in order to understand to what degree to trust and use your teammates. in addition, sometimes a game is actually virtually impossible due to disconnected teammates or cases of extreme feeding

suppose the enemy jungler camps you all game, from the very beginning. your jungler cares more about farming than helping you, and you can't touch the creep wave without getting dived. unless there's some brilliant idea you can come up with, you're basically going to be starved

strategic choices in games are based off a couple of major elements: the game's current state, the possible strategies of other players and the probabilities of them, and the payoffs for your response to each of those strategies

the other problem with your comments is that you assume that everyone can improve their play to a certain point. this is not fundamentally true. some people are born short and cannot grow taller, some people are less intelligent and cannot grasp complex concepts no matter how hard they try, some people have slow reflexes and cannot improve them no matter how much they practice. video games are the same way. while we can keep practicing to improve, we can only get so good, and the skill cap for each person is pretty much genetic and can't fundamentally change. everyone has their limits. don't talk as if everyone has the potential to hit diamond if they try hard enough (which is also impossible because you can't have near 100% of players in diamond). saying that people who want to improve but are too lazy disgust you is arrogant and makes you look like a pussy. you can tell them to stop bitching but you shouldn't let dumb shit like that get to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litodude View Post
i'm not saying you all should be more like a chinese woman but goddamn don't you realize you don't get good at something by being lazy and complaining?
find me one person that doesn't already understand this

in short, help people actually improve instead of being a douchebag or shut up

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music

Last edited by stargroup100; 04-8-2014 at 01:49 AM..
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote