View Single Post
Old 05-6-2020, 12:47 AM   #3503
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG 194 - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfall View Post
bolth just feels like he has been kind of preaching about like me not solving, but he doesn't seem to be trying himself earlier today he expressed frustration about me being able to get townread without posting/reading thread properly and that if he could do the same he could.

I think this is kind of perspective slippy because he wants me to read thread to kind of solve to look townier, but he is saying he only reads thread to look towny. On one hand he is saying i am scum for not efforting on the other hand he is saying if he could do the same and get townread he could so it is like, he is really doing what he thinks is towny because he thinks that is towny and he is pushing the opposite without really trying to read the play. He is attempting to act towny, not solve the game. Yes i am being a hypocrite rn, no i dont care it is what it is me and bolth are different players.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Thank you thank you thank you

OK so the PoE read on me makes sense I guess. If your options are me and jessie, then I can understand how an inactive slot will always feel like mislynch bait due its nature.

Haku I don't agree with as much because he's been known to support zany stances as town. What gives me pause there is that he's normally good at mechanics based solves, even to the point of figuring out literally every possibility and then spending all night tinfoiling them until he arrives at said zany stance. So coming with a "mechanics" plan to mass claim based on the reasoning he gave doesn't feel like his normal solving capabilities.

But the reason I was especially happy to see this post is 'cause that bolth read is solid. I read the post where he said he wonders why he posts if all he has to do to get townread is not post and it gave me pause as well, so that read makes most sense to me here
Here's my original interaction with Dusk:

Quote:
Oh I haven't been reading the game very much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother reading the thread when you can get townread by everyone for doing nothing
Quote:
This is probably a slip LOL
Quote:
I’ve made some sort of a supposed slip every single game I’ve played, idek what part of my post you’re referring to
Quote:
It's the part where you forgot you are meant to be solving the game bolth and commented on how reading the thread isn't a necessary part of your play, because you only want to be townread not solve. If you could get townread without looking like you are solving the game you would but you don't feel comfortable doing so

So perspective slip
Quote:
Of course I want to be fucking town read

I’m trying to solve but people keep throwing me in the lynch pool without any sort of real reasoning, and anybody I push just gets brushed off.

It is clear to me that wolves are leading the direction of this game, and I feel absolutely powerless as a player to stop it.
Anyway, I still think that this was a very weak reason to scumread someone and was what really started my suspicions on Dusk besides him not actually reading anyone.

For Wolfe to jump in after this interaction and say ''I was especially happy with your reads Dusk cause that bolth read is really solid'' really made me question wolfe's motives. You're right, Haku, that all his other posts seem very carefully crafted, safe, and ''perfect''. Wolfe's vote at EoD is also prime safety vote, Jessie was an easy and safe bus and it would have been very easy to swing to Dusk if the opportunity arose.