View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #268
Matthia
🍍Pineapple Man🍍
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Skill Rating & Leaderboards Discussion [Updated Oct 16]

I could give a model to help show the point of this situation:

Let me create some 'dummy' leaderboard for skill rating that contains you (ismokepots) and the two old profiles directly above you (kehai & JeanLuclariviere), and add several fake profile between your spot and #1. (REMEMBER this is completely made up)

1. PLAYER_1
2. PLAYER_2
3. PLAYER_3
4. PLAYER_4
5. PLAYER_5
6. PLAYER_6
7. PLAYER_7
8. JeanLuclariviere
9. kehai
10. ismokepots
11. RandomPerson352
12. RandomPerson898
(red names just means that they are underneath you, nothing really special)

ok so basically what you're missing out is that before you updated the leaderboards, those two guys (Jean and kehai) were already ahead of you at that moment. But as you offlined for a long period of time, two new profiles/players ranked up ahead of you (and it is not always the spot right after you). And since your profile hasn't been updated in a vast time period you were not able to see your present rank yet.

So let me introduce the two profiles (EtienneSM and Ziltoid). They will pass you while you're offline and hit spots #1 and #2.

Now the leaderboard looks like this:
1. EtienneSM
2. Ziltoid
3. PLAYER_1
4. PLAYER_2
5. PLAYER_3
6. PLAYER_4
7. PLAYER_5
8. PLAYER_6
9. PLAYER_7
10. JeanLuclariviere
11. kehai
12. ismokepots

You can clearly see that you have been moved from #10 to #12. But as a result from etienne and ziltoid jumping straight into the first and second places, everyone else experienced the same. Kehai went from #9 to #11, Jean went from #8 to #10, etc, etc. everyone gets bumped down simultaneously like One Winged Angel had already explained.
Matthia is offline   Reply With Quote