View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 05:45 AM   #58
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

Default Re: 14th Official Tournament

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
So you acknowledge the flaw in the system in place, yet offer nothing in terms of a viable course of action other than just dealing with a butt whooping in a higher division and then go on to say it'd be cheating on my part to try and avoid that?

I mean no disrespect, but I'm just trying to unlock charts and have a good time- the only way to do so is by doing well in tournaments (at least for the unlock charts anyway). I feel as though I'm being punished by an unlucky circumstance while the game itself is actively incentivizing me to do what you're telling me not to by the way the unlocks are designed.

Surely you can understand where my frustration is coming from here?

EDIT: I can also understand your desire to keep the divisions in the tournament fair, but what about my situation is fair to me in this circumstance?
The game isn't designed to give you the tokens. I might have a token from an official, but I never improved. When I was actively playing I was pretty stagnant and would have rather had to deal with an untimely skill boost than being in the same division year after year.

3 of your top 5 scores were obtained this week... You are skill boosting. That is your reward. It wouldn't be fair to the lower division you'd place in to keep you where you don't belong. You are looking at it pretty selfishly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel View Post
We have also been talking about rewarding Division Advancement in a similar fashion to help encourage personal improvement over prize seeking
and for this it is already accounted for in the increase in prize amounts from division to division... I know I won't make it like 3 rounds, but I'm also borderline looking at my rank. So if I could just ask to be D6 because of my rank and get something cute rather than push myself to get back to where I was and better... then I would probably just move up and get my little gift and stop playing.