View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 11:46 PM   #474
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Read My Reviews

Day 338: Krill by Krill

So I've decided that I'm probably gonna continue to write occasional reviews (same pace I'm currently at) after I hit 365, because it's nice to listen to more music. Anyways, coming back to my hometown scene to appreciate this band some more. Posthumous EP release. Let's do this one song-by-song.

Meat - A slab of pop perfection right here. These guys could've been big. 2/2
Jubilee - Mathy riff rock mixed with emotion and slabs of noise walls. A joyous 4 minutes. 2/2
The Void - Attempted Swans copy? Goes from mindlessly repetitious riffing and boring structures for the first 5 minutes, then explodes into absolute glory. What once felt like lazy songwriting turned out to be what MOST post-rockers (hi there Michael Gira) strive to write. 2/2
Happy - Energetic punk anthem. Like the last song, it meanders here and there but that explosion at the end (even better than The Void's!) makes for a very, very strong 2/2
Billy - The longest song on the EP, this one definitely meanders too much. It's a bit less repetitive than Tiger but lacks that bubbly atmosphere and the ending leaves a lot to be desired. 1/2

I don't think these guys ever performed ANY of these songs live. So fresh music, yay! The sound of this EP is the sound of a band who was just getting better and better. A Distant Fist Unclenching had some boring parts in places but was loaded with gems. This EP is just gem after gem after gem. A shame these guys broke up, maybe one day I'll see these songs played live.

And yes, I do like the singer's voice.

Best Track: Happy
Rating: 8.5/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote