View Single Post
Old 08-3-2021, 09:36 AM   #1171
fatfuck42
FFR Player

Default Re: ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT

I was one of the fake know-it-alls. I got tricked!! I thought I was slick!!

Based on who got picked as a know-it-all, who got picked as a wolf, and who got picked as a PR, it DOES sound like the mastermind is a veteran, or at least someone familiar enough with the community to make those decisions. It's always possible that sunfan played a hand in making the selections too, but still, just for the sake of example let's say it was actually someone like funkywong or spongebob who got picked...I don't think sunfan would say, "Hey, you can pick whoever you want, but it'd be really funny if you made backpack the SK and xiz a fake know-it-all." So we can assume that at least a good chunk of the choices were made by the mastermind themselves.

But then, considering the goal of the mastermind is to not be guessed, why would they select a team composition that points towards them being identified? Here's some options I can think of:

1) They don't care as much about winning or losing and wanted to pick a composition that'd be funny/memorable for TWG200.
2) They made their selections in earnest with no ulterior motives.
3) They made their selections in an attempt to frame another player who would go with option 1 or 2.
4) They made their selections in an attempt to frame a player who would go with option 3.

For option 1, I could see it being blind, backpack, haku, or cel.

For option 2, I could see it being subaru, blind, charu, xel, or haku.

For option 3, I could see it being tforce (frame fg) or raeko (frame any given veteran).

For option 4, I could see it being xiz.