View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 09:26 PM   #18
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: What do you think is the best gaming generation?

I'm a 2D fanboy... so I'm tempted to go with either:

- Fifth generation (PSX and Sega Saturn, for gorgeous pixel-art in numerous 2D games)
- Fourth generation (Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo)
- Indie PC gaming (I guess that's cheating, but there's been a huge renaissance in 2D gaming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat chest choof View Post
the best gaming generation started immediately after the gaming crash of '83-'85 and we are still in that generation
otherwise insert arbitrary gen console here that was played during childhood and can be looked at fondly thru the lense of nostalgia
Meh, I think that's a lazy argument. It's hard to consider everything that happened since '85 as homogeneous, there's bound to be some things you value more than others in there. I mean, even within '83 and '85, there's been a huge culture change that could count as 2 distinct generations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantive72 View Post
This is facts. I feel like gaming isn't really that fun anymore with how bad a lot of new games coming out are. Even if they're aight they still feel kinda soulless. Like they're lacking something.
I get where you're coming from, but I hope you're not including indie gaming in that statement. Indie gaming in the past 10 years easily reaches the heights that were reached in the sixth-gen. Even my favorite shoot-em-ups and rhythm games are indies right now (hint hint)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 01-29-2022 at 10:36 AM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote