View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #24
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
New techniques? I'm not sure, but there's definitely more stepping in solo (6 keys).
Simfile-wise, StepMania pretty much hit its peak with the release of Dark Chancellors Pack. The same stepping techniques have essentially been recycled in every pack released since then, excluding dumpfiles. Only techniques I can really think of that hasn't been done before would be wc's colour note association (Lord of the Dance in LCP3), my IOSYS vocal theory (Captain Murasa's Ass Anchor in SCP1/FFR & Donations Please in LCP3), and Kommisar's ITG roll usage in his recent files.

There was definitely a bigger emphasis on pre-existing yet unpopular techniques, such as colour note theory, which literally became a present day trend ever since moches and I started using it as part of our stepping styles during the Xoon 4~5 megapack period. People aren't afraid to play around with simfile colourization nowadays, in addition to hold/mine theories.

The biggest difference between present day and the Chancellor era would be the disintegration of elitism created by the Chancellors—simfile making is much more open-minded and friendly compared to before. Frankly, if I didn't disband the Light Chancellors and basically yell at everyone for being elitist douchebags, I think we'd still be carrying the elitist mentality to simfile making and even more people would be leaving the game, lol. Also, the concept of a "4key beginner pack" in StepMania is no longer a myth ever since I started forcing people to make easier charts for their files. It's a small step towards the right direction for problem-solving the real issue at hand, being that more people are leaving than starting the game.

With all due respect, I can wholeheartedly say that simfiles have improved in terms of both quality and quantity. Although, like Dynamo mentioned, there's been a larger influx of JaPaN oriented files ever since the Korean and Japanese StepMania communities (yes they exist) started to integrate themselves in our community. It never ceases to amaze me just how many simfiles I receive whenever I open a new megapack up for submissions, rofl.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 06-21-2012 at 01:09 AM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote