View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 09:36 PM   #966
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: TWG CLXXX - OuO what's this? [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
Cel--Moderate town lean. It's not that it's impossible to fake this sort of game, but there's always going to be an element of deception to a wolf game--that can manifest itself in trying to toe the line too neutrally, or in being super aggressive and hiding in plain sight, or in seeming helpful while really not saying much at all. Or a million other things. Celirra has been engaged and has provided a thought structure to their game, yet has also been sort of sarcastic without being belligerent. I feel like this is a hard line to walk as scum.
"trying to toe the line too neutrally" intrigues me, because that's the keel he was on in the turbo - he fence-sat so hard he probably has butt marks even now. you seem kinda high on him for like, the exact thing i just saw work for him as a wolf, though you probably didn't read that game. although as i've mentioned, he's had suspicions on people earlier this time and actually voted and stuff, which is what has been allaying those fears of a repeat

Quote:
Xiz--Null, to slight wolf lean. So, in the last TWG, Xiz and I were both wolves. His game feels a little bit different here, which is a good sign I guess, but...he's doing a lot of the same things. And I suppose that could just be Xiz's style, and I definitely have a weakness where I associate non-game play with wolfiness, but...when people aren't doing game related things, and also aren't pressuring other people to talk, but are posting--it's dead space. It creates the impression of activity, and by avoiding game talk, it's harder to self-implicate. The thing is, Xiz's tone is a little different than last game, and I don't know if that's relevant.
what do you think is different tonally?

Quote:
TPS--Null. Obviously the post volume has been low, but what's there has been game-relevant and thoughtful, but not necessarily directly challenging. Sound like anyone you know? In any case, #463 definitely points to prior mafia/werewolf experience, and his posts include legitimate observations. I just feel like there should be more actual engagement given the...familiarity of his style. The fact that I'm not town-reading this slot gives me a bad feeling given TPS's tone, but I feel like a lot of that is due to the limited content, and I want to see more here.
underlined: sound like anyone you know? :^)
but yeah tps has played quite a bit, but less in the era of no-open-comms games, so you can factor that into your read. i have stated detail issues with the posts he did make but it's not like they're getting resolved in his absence anyway