View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 10:49 PM   #191
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Benguin's (and Xel's!) Rates Tourney #2 (Registration Open)

Everything should be updated to here~
If not, please let Xel or myself know.

=========================

Quote:
Originally Posted by ositzxz369 View Post
So a round lasts a week, and people have that amount of time to improve their rate/score?

Edit: I didn't see that screenshot option above, should I crop out the image for this one?
To answer your first question, that is exactly correct. For your second question, it isn't necessary, although if it does help if the image is a good size (if it's too small or big then we may need to zoom in/out to see it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
22 goods exactly is still within the threshold, right?
Yes, you are allowed to post a score that is exactly AT the threshold for the maximum number of goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
I'm gonna propose you guys change how scoring works for this tournament. If best in each division is simply largest additive of all rates for each round, it places substantial emphasis on early rounds where tacking on increments of 0.05x doesn't impact the difficulty nearly as much as it would for higher difficulty charts.

There's going to be massive rate disparity between players early on with the easier files, but this will diminish as difficulty ramps. If each round is weighted equally, later round performance will mean next to nothing when players are within .1x of each other (despite satisfying the good threshold on a 95 .1x above another player in the same division being vastly more impressive than being .1x ahead on a 20)
Thanks for your input about the tournament structure. There aren't too many rates tournaments so Xel and myself don't really have a "norm" to work with in terms of tournament structures and we're trying our best to modify/tweak our tournament structures as needed.

I do see the point, although if we do put different weightings for each round, then it becomes a question of what weights to use and it's not quite obvious what those would be. I know that standard cumulative tournaments have suffered the opposite problem: the range in the number of goods achieved in earlier rounds is usually much less than the number of goods achieved in later rounds and this usually makes it so that there is more emphasis on later rounds.

In order to make the weightings ideal, the weighting would need to take into account the specific file involved, the division, and the good threshold as well. Also, since rate tournemants aren't the default and there has already been some confusion about what how the tournament works, I'm worried about making the scoring system even more complicated.
I'll discuss this with Xel though (hopefully tonight) and try to figure out what to do. In the case that we do stick with unweighted rounds and the emphasis on earlier rounds significantly affects the tournament in a very negative way, we'll at least have some good data to work with to try to come up with weightings for future tournaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir View Post
this score has been surpassed in
I love this post just because of this right here~

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew WCY View Post
Agh. Those jacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoobin4 View Post

this is what happens when i try to upload a score and i don't know how to fix it
I know this has already been addressed, but I just wanted to emphasize again that making the image easily viewable makes it easier for us to update scores and stuff so doing that is greatly appreciated Like others have said, using imgur and using the IMG tags is usually a good way about doing that; if you have any more questions, feel free to let one of us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSquishy View Post

MERRY UNCE UNCE CHRISTMAS UNCE UNCE
Just a friendly reminder that this is a rates tournament so try see if you can play the file on a rate that is faster than 1.0x! For this round, you want to try to play as fast as you can while still getting under 22 raw goods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaii025 View Post
Placeholder for now.

Took me less tries to AAA this on rates than it did when I was originally going for the AAA.

I know your score is updated, but I did want to make a friendly reminder that we take scores that are in multiples of 0.05 and anything else would be rounded DOWN to the nearest multiple of 0.05. So your 1.425x score would be rounded down to a 1.40x score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deidara837 View Post
In

Boutta get my ass kicked by lots of people who are better than me rofl
Glad to have you join us
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeShinoda12345 View Post
Super sorry, will have to drop out of this tournament. Have zero time on my hands
Sorry you couldn't stick around to play! Good luck with whatever is keeping you busy :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
All scores are updated to here
Thanks Xel~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viisbyxa View Post
I've been gone a long time, what's the difference between Speed and Rate?

I'm in, miss this game <3
I think Rushy did a good job of answering your question here, let us know if you have any other questions. Also, glad to have you join us.

I've placed you in D4 at the moment given your past history of scores, it seems you haven't played for awhile s: If you want, you could "ghost" another division although you wouldn't be eligible for prizes (with the exception of participation prizes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidaln00b View Post
no
I'll be ghosting D5 myself (so I won't be eligible for prizes for obvious reasons :P) I don't know if I can provide much competition though...my current score on the file is not even close to what I'm seeing others in D5 getting :P

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing