View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #1057
star-crossed
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry and Rice View Post

TBH, in reality, my intent was kind of the opposite: trying to get more insight into FFA and why he was thinking the way he was (which is probably futile, but worth a shot anyway :P ), and put more pressure on him if he gives poor responses.
I forgot to respond to this from way back when, but reading back reminded me of it. So, to be clear, we were discussing this message of yours

Quote:
Question: Are you suspicious of FFA? Because, personally, I'd think that if you were, instead of saying "You're wrong" to his post about you being human, you'd so something like "You're being dumb" or "I don't like how he's trying to get me to let my guard down on him by calling me human" or something to that effect.

[...]

I'm assuming this is a serious vote, because you (hopefully) know I'm voting for him too. In that case, I'm not quite sure what to think about this. Are you seriously pushing a lynch on Haku or more trying to pressure him to give answers on a specific viewpoint of yours toward him (which would explain why you removed your vote so quickly)?
So you are pursuing a line of questioning with Haku, and a line of questioning with ffa. With the one with ffa, you seem to be questioning him while also making a lot of effort to present your own thought processes about what his actions seem to be. To me, that looks like you really want people to think you are a town, more than you are concerned about biasing his response to your question by giving him information about how you are perceiving him... I am not sure how to feel about your declaration that it was "probably futile" to try, in light of this. You never followed up to say how you felt about the answer, but did give him a kind of town lean for his read on Cel later, I noticed.

I also noticed there were a couple of times when you encouraged others to give pressure to ffa. Looking at those:

Quote:
Now, as much as I'd like everything to believe I'm town, do not take Noc's word for it. It wouldn't hurt for anybody else to keep pressuring him as to why he thinks I'm human so much, because that might reveal some telling stuff about himself as well.
Quote:
how convenient

please someone continue to pressure him because if i do he'll just say "dude i think you're town why are you complaining"
What is /your/ memory of his accuracy on reading you in these games? How come you didn't try to pressure him on the subject yourself? How do you reconcile the fact that you kept encouraging others to pressure him, but you seem to also hold the belief that asking him stuff is "futile"? If you know that you are town, what is "convenient" about the thing you are calling out, anyway?

It is just strange to me, since as I understand it you are the one who has played with ffa the most, that your own opinion on the matter shines through so much less than your repeated declarations that others need to pressure him. Before, I had mainly looked at the interactions between the two of you as whether they seemed genuine on his end.