Thread: WAP
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 09:41 AM   #37
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar
Default Re: WAP

I mean I'm a Danny Sexbang fan so there's no way I'm going to demonize this track but if your stance is that it's got a good beat/flow imma hard disagree with you.

Honestly I found the lyrics kinda funny because 10 years ago these lines would have been prime real estate for a parody song on YouTube but Cardi is saying it with a straight face and it slays me. The bit about parking it in her lil' garage caused me to miss half the song and that's the honest truth.

But since I first heard it I have seen some backlash that comes off as unfair / unrelated to the music itself and while I'm sure someone here is gonna point out the praise it gets is oftentimes also unrelated to the music....IDK I think I've reached the point in my life where joy and positivity don't need justification but criticism kinda fucking does.

If you like it for whatever reason keep on keeping on; if you don't like it, either just leave it at your personal preference or have solid lines of reasoning that extend past the word "gross"

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 08-13-2020 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: My tombstone will be filled with typos
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote