View Single Post
Old 09-25-2019, 12:21 AM   #940
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Recommend me some 2019 albums halp

Day 621: EMMANUEL by Ameer Vann

So I'm gonna try to ignore all the social aspects of the drama that happened with this dude and the rest of BROCKHAMPTON, or at least not give my own take on it as much as possible. Rather than that, I'd like to bring attention to what I said in my recent review of GINGER. I always thought the boys could bounce back without this guy, and I never found this guy to be interesting since his flow and subject matter got so utterly same-y, but considering the quality of their recent projects minus a few singles I was wondering if dude was the missing key to them making good projects as a group.

Nope. This is boring as fuck. How you gonna disappear for two years then drop a 12 minute EP that lives up exactly to what all your detractors say? Well, musical detractors, not even thinking about (perhaps well-justified) character attacks. Anyways, I have no hope for THIS guy's solo career as of right now thanks to this EP! Merlyn should've been the one to drop a solo trap tape because he actually gets people hype. This is competent, but it's bland and a drag, and being a drag within such a short running time does not bode well for bigger projects.

Best Track: Los Angeles
Rating: 4/10

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.

Last edited by rayword45; 09-25-2019 at 12:22 AM..
rayword45 is offline   Reply With Quote