View Single Post
Old 01-2-2013, 01:03 AM   #15
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Song Corrections Thread

Quick opinion on what I think would be preferable on what is discussed:
  • - Tags like 'remix' or 'feat' should not be integrated into a song unless it is part of the official naming. External tagging from the site should remain in brackets. I believe the Stepmania difficulty scheme and the Version tags makes stepfiles more recognizable and specific to the site. Thus, v1, v2, etc. should be put in brackets. (but that's just me)

• - Composers should only be adopted to the classical genre, as the original author is as important as the arranger. For video games, medleys or anything in that matter, only the interpret should be identified.

• - Foreign language songs should stay in their native language for the sake of overcoming capitalization and interpretation issues. (unless translated by author) It might be drastic, but song names should remain identical to their official release.

• - If we can sort out a way with Velocity of using special characters in the game (which has already been tempted), then the official naming should be added. Otherwise we'll have to discuss about a proper alternative name if there's need to.

• - We will not proceed into contacting musicians unless we are not sure about the status of their permission on being featured on the site. That being said, it is to be used as a last resort.

• - About genres, to be honest, I have no clue how to sort them out properly as most of it belongs to public opinion and the artist's discretion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah
What I'm thinking is to make a front page post to let everyone know that a number of changes were made to FFR's songs. They can then be directed to this thread and become informed. After a while, people will get to recognize songs by their proper titles for once. There'll definitely be a transitionary period before that happens though.
This is exactly what I'm thinking. I know it's not the site priority right now, but song names should be labelled correctly, at least the most blatant mistakes. To me it's a matter of credibility and quality. We were also discussing earlier about a front page post and it seemed the most logical thing to do. (thanks bmah) Most users do not frequent forums though, and there needs to be some kind of transition. So what is the best that can be done?

Huge thanks for the links and info bmah, I'll look these up again before going down on the list. (still don't know how the f I missed 44teru-k's personal page)

EDIT: About that Hardcore shenanigan. I believe Post-Hardcore and Hardcore as an EDM genre is not that big of a mixup. They both have been around long enough to be distinguishable. I get your point though. Might be because I'm not coming from an electronic background all that much.

Last edited by Crazyjayde; 01-2-2013 at 01:09 AM..
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote