View Single Post
Old 05-8-2013, 01:12 PM   #23
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Favourite Fonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
I really love that Geogrotesque one Gundam Dude; I must say though, I REALLY dislike some of the fonts like Franklin Gothic, Eurostile, Trade Gothic, and especially Verdana.
Geogrotesque was a funky typeface for me at first but it started to grow on me the more I used it—I first discovered it when I was out interning at Robert Kennedy Publishing and I had to make various rectangular web rotators.

Franklin Gothic in particular is one of my typography prof's personal favourites which also grew on me when I had to use the typeface for one of my final semester campaigns. Pretty much to better resonate with the campaign's theme, we were stuck with grotesque typefaces that weren't Helvetica and Franklin Gothic was one of the final choices—I had a thorough discussion with my prof over the typeface choice since it didn't exactly click with me initially, lol.

Eurostile is just a personal favourite of mine if I ever need a squarish typeface that isn't too condensed like Geogrotesque, and has varying weights. Trade Gothic is an odd typeface in itself since it's hard to classify strictly under grotesque due to the humanist-like features from being hand-altered—it sits right between the border of both classifications, which is a nice alternative if I ever need a typeface that has both classes' qualities or if I'm just being an undecisive motherfucker that can't pick between the two, lmao.

Verdana isn't one of my absolute favourites, but it's a decent typeface to recommend people, who don't have any fonts that aren't pre-installed into their machines, that need some other sans-serif that isn't Arial or Calibri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
I'm happy to see no Bleeding Cowboys so far @__@
word up brotha

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)

Last edited by Gundam-Dude; 05-8-2013 at 01:25 PM..
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote