View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 08:15 PM   #396
James May
FFR Player

Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

Jame's VGMP4 review in no particular order :v (Part numero uno...)

A Beautiful Day for Golf (MN) - I want to play Golf now. File's cool, Great for warmup and yell out "Foooooooooooooore" for absolutely no reason at all :v

Hotel with really terrible Customer Service that you don't get a mint on your pillow (CyclopsDragon) - gibeNoot. In all seriousness, fun little file.

Coeur de Ceramique (MN) - Song is gorgeous. Props to actually syncing it.

Colress Battle (Kommi) - Since when did Pokemon music actually get amazing? I kid, but this has to be the best song (Non-remix wise) that I have heard from Pokemon and the steps felt soooo satisfying to hit.

Cooking with Zess T. (Pedolad) - BAM! I just want to replace every musical audio from Emril's show with this :v

Escape the Infidels (Hi19 & Mina) - I got meme'd on. I wish I still had the SNES copy of it...

Fiercest Train (Nullifidan) - Great song choice...although I wish you could have taken advantage of some of the syncopation that would have made the experience of the file felt more satisfying with such a wonderful remix.

MigRonald's Final Boss (Hi19) - lmao sightread FC this file. For a McDonald's game...the music is actually awesome haha, and I didn't get meme'd on :v

Fire Volcano (Hi19) - Fuck you for making the intro be basically Bryan's Fury Jr. I will now have nightmares about AAing this file :c

First and Last (Kraezyman) - You get a Cuban Coffee for this file. Song dragged on for a bit, but if you play it on 1.3 or soemthing along those lines, the experience is good.

God's Garden (MG) - I got meme'd on by Oni. Heavy's a fun chart.

Grab the Crystal Popcorn! (bmah) - Stepmania hates me for trying to play this song every time :c I'll get a proper review up when I can.

Gradius II NES Medley (JX) - Always a pleasure to receive a treat from you JX, and this file's fun. Also, this file isn't cut iirc, just how short all the songs were in general put into a single song :v

Grannies World Tour (dub) - When grandmothers try to imitate Metallica. Fun noodle practice file though.

(Under)Ground Theme (MN) - Why does the instrumentation sound like I'm being bombarded by a Cuban parade aaaaaaaa. Cool file though~

High-Speed Beast (Hi19) - Lots of hold opportunities wasted in this file tbh but that's just me. Fun file to practice wristjacking on anyhow, and I want to play this game now.

Home (Pazzaz) - Cool chill song. One to unwind after a long day haha.

Jet Set Medley Future (MG) - Top 5 favorite files of all time.

Jurassic Dope (Jombo) - Sounds like a movie that Seth Rogen and James Franco would do...I mean, they technically did Pineapple Express 2 within the movie This is the End :v The rolls are a troll tho on rates lmfao

Kara no Meltyblood-senpai (GD) - Oh hey I'm not the only one who has heard of this game before. Fun MA Practice file.

Magical Sound Shower (MN) - Just like Jet Set Medley Future, also one of my Top 5 favorite files of all time. This file is just gorgeous and absolutely magnificent to play.

Mountain Range (Pedolad) - This holds up pretty well against Glove's chart of it.

Name Entry (Nullifidan) - The ending makes my fingers go spaghetti. Fun file.

The game where you collect cats and collect cats and collect cats and free fish (GD) - Cute song/file

Nemesis Ba'al Theme (Xel) - Some of those quad mines should be replaced with jumps as the sound continues on from there. Also, this is not a 17 lmao

Operation Interlude (dub) - Cool short file, nothing much to offer since its 9 seconds long.

Over Drive (Kommi & Scylaax) - Amazing. I think some holds could be accentuated for emphasis in the file (Some of the hands) but great file.

Pancakes (MG) - Embrace the Corgi Overlord!

Rhythm & Balance (bmah) - Good bmah file. Although...is the audio quality for the vocals are intentionally meant to sound gritty?

Ringo's Theme (Kommi) - Cool file, although out of all the Puyo Puyo files, I prefer the one you did with Don \:V/

Sally (Select) (MooMoo) - The funkiest Selection Screen music to brace your body for the shitstorm of bullets that's gonna happen :V Although I actually think the hands are a tad over emphasized, I would have gone with jumps accentuated with a 48th mini-freeze to be fair.

Skate or Live (Nullifidan) - Awesome easy file for people to play casually.

Memealovania Parody Music that Might Play When You Fight a Microsoft Font (CyclopsDragon) - I rate this a gibeNoot/Nice Cream. I mean, the file's okay, but the song is an absolute ear sore to be fair. Good for jack practice though.

Temperance & Vengeance (Tsuka) - Nice BPM changes to accentuate the intensity of the song.

The Valedictory Elegy (Hi19) - Edit makes SM crash. sorry.

Theme of Frank West (Ferrari) - Cool file, although the song is absolutely obnoxious lmao.

Underwater (MN) - This makes me want to pop in NES Jams lmao. Fun file, albeit a tad tricky to play for my scrub self :v

Underwater BGM (Lofty) - lmfao. Goddammit Lofty, I actually laughed my ass off when I played this the first time. Silly file, worth the play if you have mines on.

Wiosna (Rcaliber) - Sadly, not Eze's Theme Song :V Although I remember this song playing numerous times when I played the VN. Hanako's True Beta ending should have stayed in the final product though >:V

Working Together (PorkyPink) - My favorite Piano Arrange out of all the others from KH. Too bad I couldn't get Riku's out of the way :c

Yoru no Nikusyokujyo (Jombo) - iirc doesn't this translate to Dream of Nikusyokujyo? I forgot what the last word translate to or if its a city or something...I need to play the game again. Anyhow, fun warmup file.

[Ending Theme] (MN) - tfw the gfx doesn't have any Sonic Characters despite it being in a Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games game xD But I do have to admit...for a subpar game series...the Ending Themes are beautiful to listen to. ALso I wish you could have flared up some mines at the ending when Peach screamed. Perfect Mine Theory opportunity wasted :c

-More to come I guess :v-

James May is offline   Reply With Quote