View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 10:17 PM   #44
Mahou
魔法少女
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Mahou's training log

Double post because I wanted to bring up some changes that I kind of had made with my supplementation and with my training.

Physique update
( I just got done slamming a bunch of food in my stomach from IHOP as soon as I took this photo - so it's probably not the best thing ever. Oh well, YOLO.)

I'm no longer taking creatine monohydrate and ON whey protein anymore. Reason being is I don't feel like my body is digesting/absorbing the whey and the creatine as good as I thought it once was before. I've been off both of these for about 2-3 weeks and I have not noticed much of a difference in my physique at all. Could this be a placebo?

I read an interesting article about how adults have a hard time processing lactose. After scratching my head and doing something, I found it to be somewhat relatable. So with that being said, I've switched over to a plant based protein. Shockingly, the first time I took it, I've noticed that I feel much better and don't have stomach problems anymore.

I'm taking Kre-Alkalyn instead of the monohydrate. They say it's supposed to be the same effects of creatine but there is no bloat. I've been off of creatine monohydrate for 2 weeks and I never even lost size or strength. I was expecting to lose 6 lbs of water weight, but I only dropped down 2. So where is this crazy water weight that people keep talking about? Am I a non responder? Have I been taking creatine for a year and a half for no fucking reason? -_____- I'm seriously starting to question if any of these supplements I've took have even helped me in the slightest.

Right now I'm sitting at about 215 lbs (this is a 2-3 lb loss since I got off the creatine monohydrate). With the holidays being around, I'm finding it a bit harder to maintain my diet (hitting calories and macro nutrients). This month alone, I've drank alcohol 3 times and probably binge ate places that I shouldn't have. I thought it would be a huge setback but none of my strength actually diminished.

In regards to training, I mentioned that I was trying to break away from strength training and just do bodybuilding type of training. I can say that I'm having more fun with it, but I'm also finding myself being harder on myself. Here is just a quick list of weaknesses that I hate to admit about myself.

1) My left tricep is a piece of shit
2) My lats are pretty mediocre compared to most people.
3) I have terrible fucking calves.
4) If my upper body was just as big as my lower body, I'd look like I'd lift.
5) As much as I hit oblique's, they are almost non existent unless I twist to the side.
6) I hate my arms
7) I hate my traps.

On the last day of this year, I'll post all my max's for my main lifts. That way I have something to look forward to next year.
AND watch anime.

Last edited by Mahou; 12-22-2017 at 12:05 AM..
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote