Thread: *stabs self*
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #30
s0ulst0n3
<SPACE FOR RENT>
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via AIM to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via MSN to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Yahoo to s0ulst0n3 Send a message via Skype™ to s0ulst0n3
Default Re: *stabs self*

Quoting this from a previous thread, don't feel like writing it out, but the most important thing is practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ulst0n3
If you are going for PA, don't go for harder songs, that's just dumb. Obviously your PA will be worse. If you have trouble AAAing a song, try a song a little easier. Focusing yourself on the framing and not senselessly pushing buttons and "hoping" to get them as perfects doesn't teach you how the framing system works, and I had to figure this out the hard way. AAA Easiest songs. Then, slowly move up the difficulty scale. Trust me, it will help your PA a lot. I'm not saying you can't play harder songs, heck I even recommend it to keep your speed up! But when it comes to accuracy..that's the most effective method you can use.

Try to make sure you don't give this person sour advice, if you are not sure about something, keep it to yourself. Not being mean at all, but it's better to be safe.

As for your scores I see in your level ranks...your PA is decent (30 goods on For FFR). You consistently SDG 5 and 6 difficulty songs. I would suggest this:

1) Play songs that you can play well without boo mashing, or better yet SDB. Attempt at least 5 games of songs like that every day.
2) Try to work on lower songs in the same day, but work on this more frequently so your PA doesn't turn crappy. It may be boring, but it will help in the long run. Work on songs you know you can get 1 or 2 goods pretty consistently. Work on that song everyday, but don't whore it in the same day or you WILL get mental blocks.
3) If you are expecting to get very good at this game, such as FCing/AAAing FMO's, I suggest applying yourself a speed mod, or up yourself if you haven't already. So many people say it doesn't make a difference, but I can assure you it does. It makes it easier to read, and AAAing FMO's are so much easier. I'm going to give you a couple examples of a pro on 1x (Tass) and a pro on 2x (Me, not being arrogant). The way it goes, is good-average-miss-boo in case you didn't know.

Strawberry Sweetz (FGO):
Tass = 84-2-1-21
Soul = 17-1-0-6

Pants (FGO):
Tass = 124-24-0-90
Soul = 8-0-0-1

Caprice (FMO):
Tass = 34-4-0-9
Soul = 1-0-0-0

Not being a prick here, just comparing to show you the difference. He plays 1x, I play 2x as I stated. It's not that he's bad, not at all, it's just he has trouble reading patterns. Also on easier songs, you tend to hit notes earlier because you are expecting them (even with screencut). I don't know why he won't change, but I do know he would if he wanted to get better, as would you. Keep these words of advice strongly, as I assure you I know what I am talking about.

~Soul
I altered it a bit to reflect you.

EDIT: EgomaniaCircus is bsing, just ignore him. I highly HIGHLY doubt he can FC songs like Death Reveals based on his level rank. Nice Pants, bro. 500 boo's, eh? If you don't want to be flamed, then don't lie. Simple.

FIX: EDIT2: Actually, play Disregard or Death Reveals now. 1.0x rate, judgment 4. Post it in the SM scores thread or PM it to me. If I am wrong and you actually can, I'll apologize. Keep in mind I can tell the difference from a BS score and a legit score just from a screenshot.

Last edited by s0ulst0n3; 09-25-2008 at 12:41 PM..
s0ulst0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote