Thread: Macbook Pro
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 11:05 PM   #33
SCWolf
༼ ͡◉ل͜ ͡◉༽ 👌
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SCWolf Send a message via MSN to SCWolf Send a message via Skype™ to SCWolf
Default Re: Macbook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Stepmania 5 is garbage for the record.
3.95 4 life
I actually prefer SM5 oddly enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I think if I was going to spend obscene amounts of money on a laptop I would probably get this one instead. At least it is capable of high end gaming due to actually having a dedicated graphics card. Although there is a similarly thin MSI gaming laptop for cheaper that has equivalent hardware.
I bought refurbished so it wasn't too bad. I don't see much reason not to buy refurbished to be honest, as the warranty is the exact same as if you were to buy brand new.

With that said, I'm not a fan of their high pricing generally speaking. Anything above the base model is literally disgusting in terms of price. There's no doubt that the hardware is outstanding in terms of design and overall quality, but the prices are unreal.

I think the main reason I finally decided to just do it is because if I were to get a laptop running Windows, I would have ended up paying about the same amount (speaking in terms of what I paid for my refurbished model). I mainly wanted to get away from Windows. I used to be incredibly biased when it came to computers, brands, software, etc., but nowadays I'm pretty much open to trying anything and basing my opinions on personal experience. So far my experience with the Macbook is fantastic. It's fast, efficient and overall it feels tighter than Windows. With that said, I wouldn't replace my Windows desktop as my primary OS. There are just certain things about Windows that cater more to my interests than OSX.