View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 07:13 AM   #14
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Do you have a religion?

Religion usually tries to address the existence of a god, although I propose another option: the existence of a god is not relevant to the problems we face today on this planet (i.e. apatheism).

The only consistent part of religion I've seen is inconsistency. Which god is the real one? (So much violence has happened over this question, it's ridiculous) Why are there so many religions? Why is God personified when in fact we'd be talking about an entity so powerful to create an entire universe that has no reason to exhibit any sort of human characteristics? What basis do assumptions of God have to our current problems today?

What does remain consistent is findings from the scientific method. It's mostly common sense if you think about it: an observation is made, you make a hypothesis and test it. Then you support or refute the hypothesis.

Advancements in quality of life and technology were not handed down by some God. Sure, this hypothetical God might have defined the rules of the universe (such as gravity) but does not propose solutions to our current problems.