View Single Post
Old 06-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #20
ItsOnlyDanO
Stuck in the past
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Mental illness thread

Anxiety is the big one for me, started for me around November last year and affected my Uni work for a bit, worst part is that it can decide to appear at any time, even when i'm not even feeling unhappy (such as right now for instance)

It doesn't help that paranoia is a big factor as well and when those two come along at once it's absolute shit, my mind just goes absolutely off on one about my personal image and my perception to others, it closed me off from others for a bit for some time early this year.

It's still an issue now but I think the best thing for me was just talking about it to practically anyone I spoke to. Heck I even made a really long facebook post around December/January pretty much laying my entire mental state on the line which was the best thing I could have done. The fact I was always around people at University as well was a big factor (something I'm missing a little now that i'm done) but it's been getting better. I've got some good friends who look out for me and I do the same for them, and I've been trying to change the way I think about people and life in general as a whole. (Putting things into fact or opinion helped out a lot) It still crops up in certain situations (mainly due to someone i'm interested in and me not trying to be a complete asswipe infront of them or my otherthinking of any form of social contact with them)

Also anxiety can be a surprisingly good motivator as it actually made the uni work I produced this year the best I've ever done (Possibly graduating with a first which I didn't think I had any hope of getting)

Now it's just keeping myself occupied and talking to people whilst not trying to destroy myself over someone I like or my personal evaluation of myself