View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #14
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVII-The Resident Evil Game(mini version) POST GAME

@star, talking about finding serial killers specifically, and I'm sure you know most of this already because its probably been said a lot on ToS (I remember some other people complaining about Serial Killers when I was playing there briefly), but Serial Killers kind of have an odd position in most TWG games, especially smaller ones (below 25 players).

Because in just about every game, they start looking for wolves, and don't really stop until they are done killing all the wolves (again, this is the usual, not the guarantee), which gives them the added benefit of looking like a townsperson. Now since there wasn't much of an opportunity to do much after Curry was lynched, it should've been quite hard to find Olimar for the right reasons because you have to look outside of his reads/pushes and more at his behavior, which is always hit and miss but I think you did some good stuff there right at the end (in a similar vein to what Cel did).

Most of this just lies with what Serial Killers, and third party roles in general, are. They don't really belong in games other than to add a mystery element that, in the case of serial killers and arsonists, is more meant to speed up a game rather than help balance it.

What I mean to say is finding Serial Killers is hard. Before the SK is finished looking for wolves, finding one should be more or less luck based without some really on-point behavior or meta reads.

I think you were probably looking for the right things, its just really, really hard to the point where a lot of people just don't even bother with looking for Serial Killers unless they absolutely have to in the late game (me).

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.