View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 03:21 PM   #172
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate: What'll be ur main mate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
idk i just always assume people talk about online since i have no life or friends to play irl with (jk theres tournaments around here im just really lazy)

edit: my main annoyance with it is that its essentially saying "I don't want to actually try to get better tech skill or mechanics, i get me wins me own way and thats what counts, yuuuup...." its basically ruining other peoples experience by forcing them to counter a style that not only has a low skill requirement vs. the reward it gives, but the practice gained from it won't even improve your own gameplay

sure u could argue that being able to adapt and counter any playstyle is improving but idk, I don't really feel that way

either way someone can play whatever way they want, im just joking around anyways, i still think its boring to play against though, like playing vs a puff who just tries to time you out and never approaches in melee... not necessarily a bad strategy, but an unenjoyable one to counter
See the difference here though, is that a lot of the time with puff camping, it's often mechanically impossible to beat in melee. Peach being down even 1 stock vs a lame jigglypuff is realistically near-impossible to come back from.

Being a stock down vs, say, ganondorf in ultimate is difficult of course, but the gameplan vs him is by no means near-impossible to achieve and come back from, let alone any more difficult than vs an actual top tier with zoning/projectiles like peach or joker.

For a heavy player, they spend all day often just getting camped out, so the game becomes dodging a literal minefield of projectiles and reading the opponents counter-approach or escape option, and that is just not easy. For the lighter char/zoner, the game is keeping the big guys out so they can't smother you. Overall or in individual interactions it's not too difficult, but being 100% consistent defensively for a match is just not easy.

Turns out smash is pretty hard

edit: Basically tl;dr melee jiggly playing lame is based in non-interactivity, whereas zoner vs heavy in ultimate is still full of interaction, and the degeneracy is dependent on the players, not the character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.

Last edited by yo man im awesome; 08-30-2019 at 03:23 PM..
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote