View Single Post
Old 07-6-2015, 01:49 AM   #28
TheRapingDragon
A car crash mind
FFR Veteran

Default Re: So, I'm a writer now

Forcing yourself to sit down and do something with the niggling thought in the back of your head that you're doing it for nothing is the biggest obstacle anyone can have to overcome. Be it changing your body, focusing your mind or honing your craft. Especially without feedback, never quite knowing if you're good enough or if you should just quit (or accept the middle ground of mediocrity).

For me, putting 60, 70, 100+ hours into a book is a draining process when there is the potential that only friends and family will ever read it. Same with the short stories (though they obviously take less time, Death Metal took about 4 hours).

I've always said I'm not in it for the money, just the fame and fortune and adoring stares of a nation. The movie adaptations and legendary status; Piddling little aims.

So I just want to take this moment to try to be positive. In the last 3 months I have sold 3 books on Amazon. To those 2 Americans (or Canadians? I'm not sure who exactly uses amazon.com) and 1 Australian, I thank you. All I hope is that you enjoyed the book.

Last edited by TheRapingDragon; 07-6-2015 at 01:57 AM..
TheRapingDragon is offline   Reply With Quote